Terms and ConditionsLast updated: August 1, 2015.
- General Disclaimer. Website contains facts, views, opinions, statements, recommendations, advertisements, promotions and other content and links to external websites not owned or controlled by Website or its parent company, Vitarete Academy, LLC ("Company") (collectively, "Website Content"). Company and Website make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, safety or value of Website Content created, published, displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed in, on or through Website or other Company publications, including without limitation other websites owned by Company, and assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions in Website Content. Website and Company accept no responsibility for the actions of any User or third party or for Website Content created, provided, uploaded, linked or posted by any User or third party. Website Content does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or recommendations of Company or Website and any reliance upon Website Content is taken at User's sole risk.
- Description of Service. Website provides User with various publishing, information and community services. Website will post notices describing all relevant fees, terms, conditions and requirements. Company and Website accept no responsibility or liability for the ability or inability of any User to access Website. Company and Website do not control Website Content and accept no responsibility for the actions of Users or third parties or for Website Content provided, uploaded, linked or posted by Users or third parties.
- Personal Use Only. Website and related services are made available to User for personal, non-commercial use only. User may not edit, alter, overwrite, block or delete Website Content. User may not frame or otherwise alter the appearance or functionality of Website. User may not use Website, Website Content or Material created, provided, uploaded, linked or posted by User to Website to sell or advertise a product or service, including without limitation other Internet websites or businesses, without the advance written consent of Company and Website. Company and Website reserve the sole, exclusive and discretionary right to determine what constitutes "selling" and "advertising" on Website and to grant or deny any person or entity the right to sell or advertise a product or service on Website. User may not take, appropriate, publish, reproduce, or use all or any part of Website, with the exception of Material originally created and owned exclusively by User, for any purpose without the advance written consent of Company, Website or the legal owner of the relevant Website Content or Material. Users interested in advertising a product, service, business or website on Website should contact the site administrator via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intellectual Property. Any content you create and that is your intellectual property still
belongs to you even after you upload it to the Crossing Over to Homeschooling website. By uploading
content to Crossing Over to Homeschooling, you acknowledge and agree
- you are the original creator of content,
- it is your intellectual property,
- you are giving full distribution rights to Crossing Over to Homeschooling (the Website) and Vitarete Academy, LLC (the Company) to share your content with all users of the website.
- Modifications of Service. Company reserve the sole and exclusive right to change, suspend or terminate Website and all related websites and services at any time and from time to time with or without cause or prior notice. Company and Website are not liable to User or any third party for any change to, suspension or termination of Website or related websites and services.
- Loss of Information. Company and Website assume no responsibility or liability for deletion of or failure to store Website Content or Material created, provided, uploaded, linked or posted in, on or through Website.
reference as if fully set forth herein. Company and Website respect the privacy of Users. Company
and Website will not disclose, edit or monitor the name or contact information of any User except as
- to process the User's order,
- by law or to comply with legal process served on Company or Website,
- to develop, improve, operate, maintain and debug Website or
- to protect and defend the rights, property and personal safety of Company, Website, Users or members of the public.
- Advertising and Promotions. Website may feature Website Content, including without limitation advertisements and promotions, created or obtained by or from third parties not owned or operated by Company and Website. User agrees not to block, interfere or attempt to block or interfere with any Website Content. User may contact, communicate, contract with or participate in promotions offered by advertisers and other third party providers of Website Content. User hereby releases company and website from any and all liability relating to contact, communication, contracts and other relationships between user and advertisers or other third parties not owned by company, including without limitation liability for or arising out of goods, services, terms, conditions, warranties and representations made by or connected with such advertisers or other third parties. Company and Website assume no responsibility, obligation or liability for contacts, communications, contracts, promotions or relationships between User and any advertiser or other third party.
procedures and practices of Website and applicable law. User is completely responsible for all
Material and Website Content created, provided, uploaded, linked or posted by User or by any person
using a personal account registered to, by or on behalf of User. User hereby agrees:
- to comply with the laws of the United States and the state of Florida, including without limitation laws governing the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the Internet and other electronic media;
- not to disrupt, interfere with or access without permission ("hack") Website or any website, network, server, system or computer connected to Website;
- not to use Website or the name of Website or Company for or in connection with chain letters, junk mail or spamming and not to contact any other User without his or her prior written consent;
- not to create, provide, upload, link, post or transmit any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening or harmful Material or information on, to or through Website;
- not to create, provide, upload, link, post or transmit any Material or information on, to or through Website which encourages or incites conduct which gives rise to actual or potential criminal or civil liability or violates applicable law; and
- not to intentionally interfere with the operation of Website or the use and enjoyment of Website by other Users or third parties.
- Acknowledgement of Potentially Offensive Content. User understands that use of Website and related or linked websites and services may result in exposure to Website Content, Material or information that User finds offensive, indecent or objectionable and agrees to hold Company and Website harmless from and against any responsibility or liability for offensive, indecent or objectionable content and conduct.
- Retention of Intellectual Property Rights. Company and Website retain full intellectual property rights to Website Content created by or otherwise belonging to Company and Website. User may not make any claim to ownership of Website Content, Material, property or rights belonging to Company, Website or any third party.
- User Suggestions. Company and Website do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas,
or proposals relating to the operations, organization, publications or other property of Company and
Website (collectively "Ideas"). User understands and agrees that
- any Idea sent to Company or Website, posted on any portion of Website or included in Website Content will be considered non-proprietary, non-confidential and fully released for use by Company and Website,
- Company and Website have no obligation or liability to User or any third party relating to or arising out of the use, nonuse, disclosure, publication or receipt of any Idea and
- Company and Website may use Ideas for any purpose, including without limitation commercial uses, free of charge and without liability, restriction or compensation to the submitting User.
- Proprietary Content. User understands and agrees that all Website Content belongs
Website or other third parties and is protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress,
service mark, intellectual property law or other applicable law and that User is only permitted to
access and use Material and Website Content not belonging to User on a limited basis pursuant to the
or Website Content. User may not reproduce, copy, publish, distribute or create derivative works
based upon Material or Website Content owned by Company, Website or third parties without the prior
written consent of the legal owner of the Material or Website Content. Company and Website will not
- act as an intermediary for User to obtain permission to use Material or Website Content,
- mediate or resolve disputes between Users and third party owners of Material or Website Content or
- accept responsibility or liability for wrongful use of Material or Website Content by any User.
- Acceptance of Risk. Material and Website Content downloaded, obtained or accessed from or through the use of Website is downloaded, obtained and accessed at the sole discretion, risk and responsibility of User. User agrees to accept sole responsibility and liability for any damage to User's computer, hardware, operating system, software, network, server and Internet service, including without limitation destruction, loss or corruption of data files, resulting from using, downloading, obtaining or accessing Website and Website Content.
- Company and Website Rights to Delete or Terminate. Company and Website reserve the absolute, discretionary right to terminate, delete, modify or restrict access to any and all Website Content at any time with or without cause or prior notice. User agrees to the terms of this Paragraph without reservation. User understands and agrees that the right of Company and Website to terminate, delete, modify and restrict access to Website Content and to terminate Website and related services at any time, with or without cause or prior notice is a vital, non-negotiable part of these Terms of Service.
- disclaimer of warranties. User agrees to use website at user's sole risk and responsibility.
access to website, related websites and services is provided on an "as-is", "as-available" basis
with no express or implied warranties of any kind, including without limitation implied warranties
of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Company and website
specifically disclaim all express, implied and statutory warranties to the extent permitted by
applicable law and make no warranty or representation that website, related websites or services:
- Will meet the needs or requirements of user or will be compatible with any hardware, server, system,network, operating system, software, internet service provider or other technical specifications,
- Will be available, reliable, uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free,
- Will provide or enable user to achieve a given or desired result, or
- Will be repaired, upgraded, debugged or function without error, mistake or omission.
- Limitation of Liability. Company and Website disclaim any and all responsibility and liability
for the accuracy, inaccuracy, legality, reliability, operability, functionality, availability and
content of any and all website content. Company and Website disclaim any and all responsibility and
liability for damages arising out of, resulting from or relating to user or any third party
creating, publishing, displaying, uploading, downloading, distributing, accessing or using any and
all website content. Company and Website disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for
errors, omissions, suspension, deletion, misdelivery or unavailability of website and website
content. company and website will not be responsible or liable for any damages, including without
limitation actual, direct, indirect, incidental, special and consequential damages, caused by,
resulting from or arising out of:
- Use, misuse or lack of use of website or any website content,
- Material, information, advice, goods or services purchased or obtained through or as a result of website or any website content,
- Messages sent, received, interrupted or deleted, transactions entered into and any other action taken or not taken as a result of unauthorized access to website or a personal account registered to, by or on behalf of any user,
- Statements, actions, material and website content created, provided , uploaded , downloaded, linked or posted by users or third parties or
- Any other cause, effect, action, consequence or damage not directly caused by or resulting from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of company or the adminstrators of website. exclusions and disclaimers contained in this limitation of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. the rights of users may vary by jurisdiction.
- Notice. Notices must be made in writing. Company and Website may provide valid, effective notice to User by posting or broadcasting notices on Website or related websites owned and operated by Company. Notices posted on Website are deemed given when posted.